Contact The Gun Lawyer at (614) 326-1919

Firearm Rights Restoration

Your firearms rights can be denied based upon certain convictions (especially domestic violence, felonies, and drug crimes), the existence of civil protection orders, and other incidents in your past. If you choose to ignore the firearms disability, you are risking criminal prosecution and up to ten years in prison. However, there are often legal processes in place to restore your lost rights. Please contact us if you have reason to believe that you are prohibited from possessing firearms, and are interested in regaining your Second Amendment rights.


Federal Firearm Disabilities

  • Convictions in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year (Felonies)
  • Fugitives from justice
  • Unlawful users of or addicts to any controlled substances
  • Those adjudicated as a mental defective or who have been committed to a mental institute
  • One, being an alien, is illegally or unlawfully in the United States or have nonimmigrant visas
  • Dishonorable discharge from the Armed Forces
  • One who has renounced their citizenship
  • Subject to a protection order*
  • Convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence

*Protection orders include orders issued during court hearings. This includes agreed entries during a divorce or dissolution whereby an order is entered in the record for a party to refrain from harassing, stalking, or threatening, or other language that restrains one from conduct that would place an intimate partner or their child in reasonable fear of bodily harm.

State Firearm Disabilities

  • Fugitive from justice
  • Under indictment
  • Convicted of a violent felony to include such crimes as a juvenile
  • Convicted of a crime involving the illegal use, possession, sale, administration, distribution, or trafficking in any drug of abuse to include such crimes as a juvenile
  • Drug dependents, in danger of drug dependence, or chronic alcoholics
  • Adjudicated as a mental incompetent or defective

Questions about your rights?

Setup an appointment for a consultation today

Back to Top